Cat, You're standing on your blog log.
Thursday, January 29, 2004
Friday, January 23, 2004
Who I wouldn't stalk if I were an insane stalker (special famous philosopher edition):
10. Saul Kripke (used Kleenexes everywhere--not worth the trouble).
9. Jacques Derrida (I'd be afraid he'd try to talk to me).
8. Socrates (turns out he was impious).
7. Rene Descartes (this guy was just plain mean to animals).
6. Martha Nussbaum (she's too hot; I wouldn't be able to control myself).
5. Hegel (yaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn!).
4. Meathead from All in the Family (sure he knew lots of cool stuff about political philosophy, but he's argumentative).
3. Bono (oh wait, he's not a philosopher; he just thinks he is).
2. John Stuart Mill (why stalk him; he was celibate).
1. Gilbert Ryle (I don't need him observing my behavior).
Thursday, January 22, 2004
Here's a super deluxe good haiku to start your day off right:
For Fred Dretske
Lucky Log Found
My blog log is round.
Two feet long--covered with leaves.
found it at the zoo.
Today I feel as though I'm doing cartwheels along the top of the blog log. I have to be careful, because the blog log is only about 23 inches long. Still I'm tumbling all over it. Yep, I'm posting my brains out.
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
I'm getting back on the blog log right now with a super deluxe good poem.
The little blog awoke one morning to find himself undead:
he was on page two, chicken icon and all.
How to come back?
One way would be to write the words you are currently reading,
followed by the words you are currently reading.
Yes it seemed (eventually) to be working.
The next thing would be to write the sentence
that foreshadows the line with the word petunias in it,
followed by the the line that tries not to refer to Guam,
but fails purely in virtue of its attempt.
Still this little blog was rolling in petunias
It was just a matter of time before it was back
somewhere between Nada and Jack
or possibly, if it dares to dream, even higher up:
in the C's.
Yes kind readers this little blog is back.
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
Here I am Cat. I'm right here next to the blog log. Thanks for asking about me. My plan is to go back to posting sporadically soon.