Chickee Chickston's Super Deluxe Good Poems

I'm back and bloggin' less frequently than ever, baby!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Here's a super deluxe good poem for your reading pleasure:

My Mary Oliver
My Mary Oliver has three stomachs:
greater omentum, peritoneum, and kitty cat tummy.

My Mary Oliver dines in plaid.
Shiny misgivings notwithstanding, her words are even more true in French.

My Mary Oliver loves the smell of barf.
It's true--barf!

My Mary Oliver doesn't want to be bartered with.
She's seen The Price is Right.

My Mary Oliver resists verbage.
She knows where it leads

My Mary Oliver knows who black people are.

9 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Blogger lisa lopez said...

yes, yes, YES!

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Wade said...

Grande!

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Wade said...

Hey I checked out the blog above my post, and I think it is an ad disguised as a person. It is very strange.

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger unsaid said...

It shames me that I had no idea who Mary Oliver was until I read your blog. So I just spent some time googling her and reading some of her work. Thanks for writing this.

I'm taken by her poem "Wild Geese" so far...

Again, thanks!

 
At 6:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that poem is nasty haha, i think it is great though

 
At 1:19 AM , Blogger ///MR YORK\\\ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:22 AM , Blogger ///MR YORK\\\ said...

For some reason, I feel Kasey Mohammad had some sort of hand in this. A good work nonetheless. Cheers!

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

This reads more like flarf. Where's Dan Hoy to not read it?

 
At 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is pathetic flarf. and that's not really a compliment to the genre, unfortunately. i wish it could be. mary oliver's poems are more interesting than this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home