Chickee Chickston's Super Deluxe Good Poems

I'm back and bloggin' less frequently than ever, baby!

Friday, August 01, 2003

I suppose that it's high time that I developed a blog roll policy. I know I only have three links at this point, but as soon as I get around to it, I'll add more (there's a bunch of terrific blogs out there that need to on my roll). OK, here's the policy: new blogs will automatically start at the bottom of the the list, so if nothing significant happens, the top of the roll will remain the same. This raises the question of what constitutes significant. It's hard to pin down, but a few examples should help to crystalize the concept (even if it escapes precise explication). Suppose that a particular blog were in the seventh position (i.e., was seventh from the top) and the blogger of that blog were to win a big dance contest. I would then move that link up two spots to the fifth position. Suppose that blogger were to win a small dance contest. I would move them down one spot (since I have no respect for those trying to pad their bv (blog vitae) with easily attained awards, etc. Suppose that a blogger in 13th position were to invent a new kind of pencil that everyone couldn't live without. I would move that blog 3 spots (provided that they hadn't been moved up already for winning a dance contest). Suppose that a particular blogger started doing workshop poetry that explored their deepest feelings in an uncontrollable way causing them to cry upon writing it, but then attended a twelve-step program designed to get them to stop doing it. I would move them up one spot for getting help, but move them back down one spot for not having the good sense not to write drivel in the first place. Suppose that a blogger hit Roger Ebert in the face with a pie. I would move them up 6 spots. I think that you get the idea. Obviously there is a problem in that I have no way of tracking these things, so you all have to help me out. Email with your blog movement worthy good deeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home